Who We Are
Established in 1972 by Michael Almond (Founder and CEO), Mapco Enterprises Inc. has grown to be a premier full service commercial and industrial painting and coatings company including sandblasting and metalizing.
Our main office is in Schenectady, New York, and we service customers throughout the Capital Region and the northeast United States. We will travel to wherever our valued customers need us.
What We Do
- Mapco has been recognized nationally for award winning painting and coatings projects.
- We’ve coated patented military equipment whose ultimate destination was for use by our soldiers in the Middle East.
- Mapco has performed projects for customers that require high-security clearance, including FBI and Interpol background checks, drug testing and performance bonding.
- Although we do perform work on new structures, most of our work involves restoration coatings for steel, wood and masonry surfaces.
- We were one of the first metalizing companies in upstate New York. Our metalizing process allows us to plate steel surfaces in the shop or field. We can use a variety of metals, including, but not limited to, zinc, aluminum, stainless steel and a wide variety of other metals and alloys,
- Mapco is well known for performing and/or tackling unique and difficult projects ranging from glass reinforced coatings for tank interiors to using walnut shells to clean the landing gear on C-130 Hercules military aircraft.
We Pride Ourselves on Safety
Our craftsmen are highly trained and skilled.
As a full service painting firm we often need to disturb lead based paint which we are fully trained, licensed and insured to do.
Our training also includes
- Boom lift and scaffold
- OSHA 10
- OSHA 30
- OSHA lead and hazmat
- EPA Lead
- Fire Watch
- Confined Space
- Fall Protection
- And more